When selling online, it is incredibly important for your storefront and items to look as professional as possible. One thing that can make potential customers think twice about buying is if your product images are smushed, cropped funny, or way too big in one dimension. So, here’s the way we do it, quick and easy!
To maintain an overall professional look and feel, The Hab Bazaar currently uses square images for products and product gallery images. The Ideal size is larger than 600 pixels and square. Smaller images will likely be blurry, and rectangular dimensions will be hard cropped to a square focused on the center.
We use the Paint.Net image editor, which you can get for free at www.getpaint.net.
1. Rick-click on your image and select “Open With.” Choose Paint.net but don’t make it the default.
2. First, we need to resize the longest edge to be 600 pixels. Resize by clicking “Image” in the top left, followed by “Resize…”
3. Next, find the longest width and change it to 600 pixels. Ensure that the box next to “maintain aspect ratio” is checked.
4. Now that the image is resized, we need to add extra space to make the image size 600 x 600 pixels. Click “Image” again in the top left, but this time click “Canvas Size…”
5. Now uncheck “maintain aspect ratio”, then find the dimension that is not 600 pixels, and change it to 600 pixels, and change the anchor to the middle of the image.
6. Your image should now look like this, with white space in order to make your image 600 x 600 pixels. You can verify you did this right by clicking “Resize…” again and making sure the current size is correct at 600 and 600. “Save As” so you do not overwrite the original image, and you’re good to go!
Thanks for reading our simple guide to resizing your images! There are some more advanced techniques, but this will get get the look you need done in a pinch.
Any questions or comments? Please enter them below!